Things to do during the winter in Cornwall
Is the winter better in Cornwall?
Well that’s a very good question. We at kingsurf surf school are starting to think that possibly the answer is yes. Here are just a few of the reasons we think that maybe visiting Cornwall in the winter could be better than the summer.
- Cheaper flights ( that land practically in Mawgan Porth )
- Cheaper trains
- Less traffic on the roads
Once you are here
- Cheaper accommodation
- No need to book far in advance
- Empty beaches
- Less busy Pubs and restaurants
- Empty roads
- Great local atmosphere
- The surf is more consistent
- It’s peaceful
- You can park your car easily
- All the things that are bad about the summer are not happening
Things to do
Well we are still open and you are guaranteed a space, with good waves! We have more time to explain things and share our knowledge of surfing.
It is December the 5th today and we had 2 people booked in. we had enough time to show them video’s of what they were aiming to achieve, talk to them about surf forecasting and surf board design and even sneak in a debrief chat accompanied by a kingsurf IPA at the Merrymoor inn.
Surfing is just one of the many things to do during the winter in Cornwall. Here is a
list of our top 10 favourite.
- Go Surfing
- Go coasteering
- Coastal walks
- Visit the lovely fishing harbours of Polperro, st Ives, padstow, and mevagissey
- Explore otherwise busy restaurants and pubs
- Visit attractions such as the Eden Project
- Explore sheltered places on the south coast
- Light the fire and watch a storm
- Visit the national trust places
Enjoy having Cornwall to yourselves!